Over the past handful of years, the term “automation” has been floated around the marketing community. The great misconception about automation is that once it’s set up, marketers can transition to auto-pilot mode: In other words, sit back, relax, and watch the leads pour in.
As Sixth Division CEO and Co-founder Brad Martineau knows, though, that just isn’t the case. In fact, it’s pretty much the exact opposite: Spending considerable amounts of time, effort, and money are needed to make significant headways with your marketing — even if you automate the overwhelming majority of your content and messaging.
Helping businesses understand the “how” and “why” of their marketing strategies and then how to leverage technology to gain efficiencies — including, but certainly not limited to, automation — to generate the right kinds of leads and customers: That’s what it takes for marketers everywhere to succeed in this day and age.
Brad’s been able to leverage some serious knowledge from marketers of all experience and skill levels over the years through his work for his consulting firm and his 5-plus years at InfusionSoft, which, for those who don’t know, is a popular “marketing automation” tool widely used (and praised) across the industry.
Becoming “Chief Baller” (quite the unique job title) didn’t happen overnight for Brad. He’s poured his heart and soul into assisting fellow marketing pros looking to make better connections with the customer base through the use of both emerging technologies and the industry standards.
Need to take a step back from your own marketing to see what can be done to bring about better results? This is the episode for you, then.
Brad and I discuss an array of topics on what it truly means to “make it” as a company, how to build a sustainable marketing machine, and understand the cold, hard truth that to market well, you need to the right people, tools, and processes.
Listen in for an honest account of what marketing is all about. The tips, hacks and strategies that professionals share with each other but rarely talk about in public.
- “Automation” is much more than a buzzword — it’s a means to conduct more efficient marketing
- A solid business model, a concrete strategy, and implementation are the three pillars to success
- Not seeing the desired marketing results? Look to your processes and product to get back on track
- To thrive with automation, you need to create entire systems around working with automation
- Automation has the ability to level the playing field for small businesses — as long as they use it properly
- Make a great impression on your first touch point and your conversion chances boost substantially
- There is no magic bullet for your marketing — it takes time and dedication to nurture your leads
- Placester.com Launch a Beautiful Real Estate Website in Minutes for Only $10 Per Month
- Marmoset A Full-Service Music Agency That Creates Handcrafted Music for Films, Videos, and Podcasts
Music & Production
If you like this this show, subscribe to it on iTunes, and leave a review.
The feedback is super helpful for me and helps other people find the show. I actually read them. —- Thank You!
This is a labor of love, something I’ve done offline for decades and now get to share my curiosity with you. Thanks for listening to the show and to Brad for being an amazing guest! Oh yeah, thank Brad on Twitter, I know he’d appreciate it.
If you have any thoughts or suggestions about this episode, let me know, and if you like what I’m doing here, please share generously via the social media buttons on this page!